Bobsy SR-6 chassis # 14. In 2019 the car was completely rebuilt:
- Chassis is a semi monocoque which was taken down to bare tubes, stripped and then reinforced. New aluminum skin fabricated and bonded to frame. All new brake lines and AN hardware throughout.
- Engine is a 1600 crossflow with twin 45 DCOE Weber carbs. Fresh rebuild by Total Precision Engines in Colorado, Dyno’ed at 172 hp. Spare Ivey prepped bare head and radiator included.
Lumenition ignition system.
- All new gauges and wiring, new fire system and belts.
- NOS body in white gel coat.
- New Avon tires on Revolution wheels
- Freshed MK 9 transaxle.
- RMVR log book
From the Bobsy Registry: Car bought originally in 1974 as C-SR by Robert E Smith ’75>William H Nesbitt ~’80>Bill Blackburn ~’86>Ian Carpenter ’89>Chuck Haines ’97>Jeff Gold. Gold raced it for several years, but had chassis issues and decided to build a replacement of #14 (That car is listed below SR6-14(Replacement). This old chassis and suspension was sold by Gold (with Bud Blom acting as agent) ’07>Rankin (SC) 2015Rankin>Ward W.(GA). Ward W. > Tom Quaranto (CO) in ’16. Tom subtantailly re-built. Extensive frame improvements, new belly pan, all alum panels new, etc. and fresh 1600cc pushrod, dual weber 172 hp engine. 5-speed Hewland. Now currently being offered for sale.
View pictures from the restoration.
The price is $45,000, the car is located in Denver CO.