March 19-21, 2021
The results are available! Click the event below to view the results for each race group.
A message from Hallett:
Effective 1/1/2021, HMRC made the decision to standardize a Facility Usage Fee of $5/day charged at the gate entrance for ALL our events for all guests not paying a registration fee, with the exception of event workers. This fee will be used to account for the cost of new PPE safety supplies needed to combat the Covid-19 virus, as well as bathroom supplies used by all guests, and to provide event/facility information handouts for 1st timers to Hallett. 2020 was a rough year for most small businesses including HMRC, so this is a needed change to adjust the “the new normal”. We are encouraged by the number of people that wanted to attend events last year just to get outside!!! This will be a great opportunity to revive old motorsport enthusiasts back into the sport as well as add new fans. Thank you for understanding and supporting our racetrack!
Guidelines for CVAR Race at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit
March 19 – 21, 2021
We are looking forward to The 14th Mike Stephens Classic at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit coming up on March 19th – 21st. We want to continue to make sure that we have plans in place for the event so that our club members and anyone else on site is safe. With the advent of the coronavirus, we have had to rethink the way we conduct our events, for the safety of our drivers, crew, staff and track personnel. CVAR will do everything we can to keep our people safe, but inevitably many of the new safety protocols will be the responsibility of CVAR members.
Jennifer Stephens has checked with the State of Oklahoma and Pawnee County, where Hallett is located, is characterized as “Yellow – Low Risk” which shows specific recommendations for businesses and individuals. Please see the attached for more detail.
These program changes are set forth below are minimum guidelines for all CVAR members to meet. Participants who refuse to comply with these policies will be asked to leave the event upon first offense.
- All registrations must be completed at least 24 hours prior to the event (3.17.21) and there will be no registration at the track.
- All meetings to be held outdoors with masks required and social distancing rules in place.
- Radios and headsets will be sanitized prior to distribution.
- The event is not open to the public. Only open to drivers, their cohabitants, and crew. Guests are welcome and will need to sign in as “guests” at the gate
- There will be no CVAR sponsored social events over the weekend.
- IN CASE of ILLNESS DURING the EVENT
- Isolate the person
- Work with Track Medical or Ambulance personnel to obtain medical assistance
- Work with CVAR team to sanitize the area in which the person was located
- Notify Race Director and President of the situation
- All participants must wear a cloth mouth and nose face covering or other non-venting PPE mask when in public areas such as at meetings, Driver Info and Registration, vendor areas and food lines, photography viewing areas, pre-grid, fan stands and track viewing areas, and vehicle tech inspection. Drivers do not need to wear a mask or face covering while in their vehicles.
- All non-cohabitating participants shall continue to maintain 6 feet social distancing. Face coverings are not a substitute for physical/social distancing. Visiting between entrants should be minimized.
- All participants shall practice good hygiene by washing hands or using hand sanitizer often, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces, such as pens, faucets, etc.
- All meetings will be out-door only and will require wearing masks and maintaining 6 feet social distancing. There will be no in-door meetings.
- Vulnerable individuals to COVID-19 (those with serious underlying medical problems such as hypertension, diabetes, obesity, chronic lung disease and asthma, or immunocompromised state) should neither participate in nor attend the event.
- Participants who are sick or coughing should not go to the event and will be required to leave.
CVAR Staff Protocols
- All CVAR staff working indoors or outside potentially in close proximity to participants or other staff members must wear a face covering or mask.
- Driver Info desk should be set up outdoors whenever possible to avoid indoor gatherings.
- Race control and timing shall be restricted to essential personnel only. Both should be set up in a way that allows the recommended 6-foot distance to be maintained at all times.
- There will be no shared coolers provided for drinks. All workers should provide their own.
- Any lines that may form during the event for participants or staff should be planned for ahead of time to ensure 6-foot distancing guidelines can be maintained. This can include the lunch line to order food, driver info, etc.
- Tech should be done with the participants staying in their vehicles and pulling up in line to avoid any gatherings at the tech area.
- Tech inspectors should wear masks.
- Awards will be given outside at the Winner’s Circle using a “no contact” process.
- Awards should be set up ahead of time on a table where drivers can pick up their specific awards.
- “High fives,” hugs and handshakes following the race should be avoided.
- A minimum of 6 feet of separation should be maintained.
With the advent of the vaccine we are looking forward to a “return to normal” in the near future but until then we must continue to be diligent.
A message from Hallett:
Hallett Motor Racing Circuit welcomes CVAR! View the Welcome Letter to get information on the track hours and logistics.
For the latest information, visit us on the CVAR Official Club Page on Facebook.
View the entire 2021 Race Calendar.