August 21-23, 2020
Time to go racing again! Get back on the track with us for the 13th Mike Stephens Classic!
The results are available! Click the event below to view the results.
Mike Stephens Classic
Hallett, August 21-23, 2020
View results in MyLaps or click on a race group below for results.
Feature: Formula Vee
Hallett August 2020
The 13th Mike Stephens Classic event shirt features the CVAR Open Wheel design. The shirt is Navy.
This year’s Mike Stephens Classic Event Photos:
There are video recaps available for each group that is included in the Photo/Video Pkg for $60, but the videos are NOT shown in the gallery.
View the Event Schedule for more details on the race weekend.
The track opens on Thursday, August 20, at 5:00pm for load in. They will be taking temperatures upon entry.
Guidelines for CVAR Race at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit
We have all missed seeing our friends and going racing. We are looking forward to our postponed Mike Stephens Classic at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit coming up in the next few weeks. First and most importantly we want to make sure that we have plans in place for the event so that our club members and anyone else on site is safe. With the advent of the coronavirus, we have had rethink the way we conduct our events, for the safety of our drivers, crew, staff and track personnel. CVAR will do everything we can to keep our people safe, but inevitably many of the new safety protocols will be the responsibility of CVAR members.
Connie Stephens has checked with the State of Oklahoma and Pawnee County, where Hallett is located, is characterized as “Yellow – Low Risk” which shows specific recommendations for businesses and individuals. Please see the attached for more detail.
These program changes are set forth below are minimum guidelines for all CVAR members to meet. Participants who fail to comply with these policies will be referred to the Chief Steward and may be asked to leave the event.
- All registrations must be completed at least 24 hours (8.19.20) and there will be no registration at the track
- On Thursday (8.20.20) from the time the track opens until closing, temperatures will be taken via a remote thermometer/scanner at the entrance gate. Thereafter temperatures will be taken in the morning on Friday and Saturday (8.21.20 and 8.22.20) from the time that the track opens until 9AM. In the event anyone requesting entry has an elevated temperature (according to CDC Guidelines that would be over 100.4 degrees F), they will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- All meetings to be held outdoors with masks required and social distancing rules in place.
- Radios and headsets will be sanitized and given to each party for the duration of the event.
- The event is not open to the public and is open to drivers, their cohabitants, race workers and crew.
- There will be no CVAR sponsored social events over the weekend
- Chief Steward to meet with corner workers and emergency services staff to ensure they understand and follow Social Distancing and safety processes and procedures. All workers need to wear masks during meetings but not when working a corner.
- IN CASE of ILLNESS DURING the EVENT
- Isolate the person
- Work with Track Medical or Ambulance personnel to obtain medical assistance
- Work with CVAR team to sanitize the area in which the person was located
- Notify President of the situation
- A signed COVID waiver is required for every person at the event.
- All participants must wear a cloth mouth and nose face covering or other non-venting PPE mask when in public areas such as at meetings, Driver Info and Registration, vendor areas and food lines, photography viewing areas, pre-grid, fan stands and track viewing areas, and vehicle tech inspection. Drivers do not need to wear a mask or face covering while in their vehicles. Co-habitants working on cars in their pit area are not required to wear masks.
- All non-cohabitating participants shall continue to maintain 6 feet social distancing. Face coverings are not a substitute for physical/social distancing. Visiting between entrants should be minimized.
- All participants shall practice good hygiene by washing hands or using hand sanitizer often, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces, such as pens, faucets, doorknobs, etc. Please bring your own supplies of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Individuals who are sick, coughing or otherwise vulnerable to COVID-19 should not attend the event.
CVAR Staff Protocols
- All CVAR staff working indoors or outside potentially in close proximity to participants or other staff members must wear a face covering or mask.
- Driver Info desk should be set up outdoors.
- Race control and timing shall be restricted to essential personnel only. Both should be set up in a way that allows the recommended 6-foot distance to be maintained at all times.
- There will be a limited number of coolers available so please coordinate with Kelly Cupstid (M: 713.416.7715 and firstname.lastname@example.org) for reserving coolers. All workers should provide their own coolers.
- Worker lunches will be available for purchase at the Finish Line Café on a box lunch basis. Any requests for lunch must be made on the evening before via email to the Café email@example.com. The lunch will be $8.95 for sandwich, chip, cookie and a drink.
- Any lines that may form during the event for participants or staff should be planned for ahead of time to ensure 6-foot distancing guidelines can be maintained. This can include the lunch line to order food, driver info, etc.
- Tech should be done with the participants staying with their vehicles and pulling up in line to avoid any gatherings at the tech area.
- Anyone in or going through tech is required to wear a mask at all times.
- Awards will be given outside at the Winner’s Circle using a “no contact” process.
- Awards should be set up ahead of time on a table where drivers can pick up their specific awards.
- “High fives,” hugs and handshakes following the race should be avoided.
- A minimum of 6 feet of separation should be maintained at all times.
We are looking forward to welcoming all CVAR members back to the track and hope that we will soon return the a much more “normal” world.
For the latest information, visit us on the CVAR Official Club Page on Facebook.
View the entire 2020 Race Calendar.