September 11-13, 2020
The results are available! Click the event below to view the results.
Brad Balles School & Races
Eagles Canyon Raceway, September 11-13, 2020
View results in MyLaps or click on a race group below for results.
View the Race Schedule
Early Bird and Student registration for the Eagles Canyon Event closed Sept 2, 2020 at Midnight.
Online registration is closed.
The entry list is available at https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/brad-balles-school-races-eagles-canyon-raceway-corinthian-vintage-auto-racing-988110.
A review of entrant Medical Information for the ECR event finds 68% of present registrants have not entered their Medical data. PLEASE enter. The procedure is:
- Login on MotorsportsReg.com.
- Select “My Accounts” (upper right).
- Select your “Profile”.
- Scroll down to “Medical Information”.
- Enter/Edit as needed.
Guidelines for CVAR Race at Eagles Canyon Raceway (“ECR”)
I think after getting some of the feedback from the weekend, CVAR had a great return to racing last month at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. Our plans for addressing safety issues for COVID were well received and we will continue to provide a fun and safe environment for our club members and any guests in these very difficult times. With the advent of the coronavirus, we have had rethink the way we conduct our events, for the safety of our drivers, crew, staff and track personnel. CVAR will do everything we can to keep our people safe, but inevitably many of the new safety protocols will be the responsibility of CVAR members.
Brad Flack, the general manager of ECR has indicated that Wise County, where ECR is located, has a very low incidence of COVID related illness. Please see the attached link for any further information.
These program changes are set forth below are minimum guidelines for all CVAR members to meet. Participants who refuse to comply with these policies will be asked to leave the event upon first offense.
- All registrations must be completed at least 24 hours (9.10.20) and there will be no registration at the track
- On Thursday (9.10.20) from the time the track opens until closing, temperatures will be taken via a remote thermometer/scanner at the entrance gate. Thereafter temperatures will be taken in the morning on Friday and Saturday (9.11.20 and 9.12.20) from the time that the track opens until 12PM. In the event anyone requesting entry has an elevated temperature (according to CDC guidelines, in excess of 100.4 degrees F), they will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- All meetings to be held outdoors with masks required and social distancing rules in place.
- Radios and headsets will be sanitized prior to be distributed and will be returned at the end of the weekend.
- The event is not open to the public. Only open to drivers, their cohabitants, and crew.
- There will be no CVAR sponsored social events over the weekend
- Chief Steward to meet with corner workers and emergency services staff to ensure they understand and follow Social Distancing and safety processes and procedures.
- IN CASE of ILLNESS DURING the EVENT
- Isolate the person
- Work with Track Medical or Ambulance personnel to obtain medical assistance
- Work with CVAR team to sanitize the area in which the person was located
- Notify the CVAR President of the situation
- A signed COVID waiver is required for every person at the event.
- All participants must wear a cloth mouth and nose face covering or other non-venting PPE mask when in public areas such as at meetings, Driver Info and Registration, vendor areas and food lines, photography viewing areas, pre-grid, fan stands and track viewing areas, and vehicle tech inspection. Drivers do not need to wear a mask or face covering while in their vehicles.
- All non-cohabitating participants shall continue to maintain 6 feet social distancing. Face coverings are not a substitute for physical/social distancing. Visiting between entrants should be minimized.
- All participants shall practice good hygiene by washing hands or using hand sanitizer often, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces, such as pens, faucets, doorknobs, etc.
- All meetings will be out-door only and will require wearing masks and maintaining 6 feet social distancing. There will be no in-door meetings.
- Vulnerable individuals to COVID-19 (those with serious underlying medical problems such as hypertension, diabetes, obesity, chronic lung disease and asthma, or immunocompromised state) should neither participate in nor attend the event.
- Participants who are sick or coughing should not go to the event and will be required to leave.
CVAR Staff Protocols
- All CVAR staff working indoors or outside potentially in close proximity to participants or other staff members must wear a face covering or mask.
- Driver Info desk should be set up outdoors whenever possible to avoid indoor gatherings.
- Race control and timing shall be restricted to essential personnel only. Both should be set up in a way that allows the recommended 6-foot distance to be maintained at all times.
- There will be no shared coolers provided for drinks. All workers should provide their own coolers.
- Worker lunches will be available for purchase at the food truck on site.
- Any lines that may form during the event for participants or staff should be planned for ahead of time to ensure 6-foot distancing guidelines can be maintained. This can include the lunch line to order food, driver info, etc.
- Tech should be done with the participants staying in their vehicles and pulling up in line to avoid any gatherings at the tech area. If more than a vehicle weight is needed, the driver shall exit the vehicle and wait at least 6 feet away from the driver’s side.
- Tech inspectors should wear masks.
We are all very happy to be back to the track and hope that we will soon return the a much more “normal” world.
View the entire 2020 Race Calendar.