February 26-28, 2021
The results are available! Click the event below to view the results for each race group.
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone at the track for the Brian Goldman Memorial Race and Driver’s School. Gates will open at 1:00PM on Thursday February 25th and will stay open until 10:00PM. If you arrive outside of those times, please plan on parking outside of the facility until it opens. Access to the facility will be 6:00AM – 10:00PM on Friday and Saturday and 6:00AM – 5:00PM on Sunday. Please note that the track has been rented for testing on Thursday until 5:00PM and the track manager has advised us that the covered awning area may not be available to setting up until after 5:00PM.
Overnight camping is provided and the track will have 24 hour security. Racing fuel will be at the track (SUNOCO 93 non-ethanol, 100 unleaded and 110 leaded) and we have requested to track personnel that the fuel should be delivered by the end of business on Thursday. The fuel pumps are located on the eastside of the facility near the entrance to the False Grid. Performance Stop, the retail racing gear store, is on site and has many items you may require. Their website is www.performancestop.com.
Food trucks will be on-site all weekend. Pit King BBQ and Bayou City Eats will be coming back to our event. New this year will be CoffeeQ which serves coffee, breakfast and lunch. All trucks will be asked to allow corner workers to go to the front of the line during their breaks since their time is limited.
The only indoor meetings that will be held will be for the Driver’s School session on Friday. The location of the Driver’s School classroom session has been changed from the Lotus Lounge to the Club House. The Club House is on the east side of the facility located close to the False Grid entrance. Due to the size of the student entry we will be running two on-track student run groups. The Chief Instructor would like to make sure that all students show up no later than 7:00AM on Friday morning. Social distancing during the classroom sessions will be enforced and all participants are expected to wear masks.
Tech will be held in the breezeway behind the usual indoor location. Scales will be available over the weekend.
Unfortunately, due to COVID restrictions, we will not have any CVAR sponsored social functions on the weekend and most of our COVID protocols from last year will remain in place and are set forth below.
- All registrations must be completed at least 24 hours (2.24.21) and there will be no registration at the track
- All meetings to be held outdoors with masks required and social distancing rules in place.
- Radios and headsets will be sanitized prior to be distributed and will be returned at the end of the weekend.
- The event is not open to the general public. Only open to drivers, family, friends and crew.
- There will be no CVAR sponsored social events over the weekend
- IN CASE of ILLNESS DURING the EVENT
- Isolate the person
- Work with Track Medical or Ambulance personnel to obtain medical assistance
- Work with CVAR team to sanitize the area in which the person was located
- All participants must wear a cloth mouth and nose face covering or other non-venting PPE mask when in public areas such as at meetings, Driver Info and Registration, vendor areas and food lines, photography viewing areas, pre-grid, fan stands and track viewing areas, and vehicle tech inspection. Drivers do not need to wear a mask or face covering while in their vehicles.
- All non-cohabitating participants shall continue to maintain 6 feet social distancing. Face coverings are not a substitute for physical/social distancing. Visiting between entrants should be minimized.
- All participants shall practice good hygiene by washing hands or using hand sanitizer often, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces, such as pens, faucets, doorknobs, etc.
- All meetings will be out-door only and will require wearing masks and maintaining 6 feet social distancing. There will be no in-door meetings.
- Vulnerable individuals to COVID-19 (those with serious underlying medical problems such as hypertension, diabetes, obesity, chronic lung disease and asthma, or immunocompromised state) should neither participate in nor attend the event.
- Participants who are sick or coughing should not go to the event and will be required to leave.
CVAR Staff Protocols
- All CVAR staff working indoors or outside potentially in close proximity to participants or other staff members must wear a face covering or mask.
- Driver Info desk should be set up outdoors whenever possible to avoid indoor gatherings.
- Race control and timing shall be restricted to essential personnel only. Both should be set up in a way that allows the recommended 6-foot distance to be maintained at all times.
- There will be no shared coolers provided for drinks. All workers should provide their own coolers.
- Worker lunches will be available for purchase at the food trucks on site.
- Any lines that may form during the event for participants or staff should be planned for ahead of time to ensure 6-foot distancing guidelines can be maintained. This can include the lunch line to order food, driver info, etc.
- Tech should be done with the participants staying in their vehicles and pulling up in line to avoid any gatherings at the tech area. If more than a vehicle weight is needed, the driver shall exit the vehicle and wait at least 6 feet away from the driver’s side.
- Tech inspectors should wear masks.
We have a terrific turnout for our groups and we’re hoping to have a great race weekend.
A message from MSR Houston:
We would love to invite your new driver’s down to our store in the coming weeks ahead of your event at MSR. We can fit them for 2020 helmets, suits, HANS devices, shoes, gloves, whatever they need! We will be open from 9:00-3:00 on Saturdays and 9:00-2:00 on Sundays. I recommend they come down in advance of their event to make sure we can get their gear in time for some fun on the track! We will be extending a 5% discount to all CVAR members through the end of the month, so be sure to mention CVAR while checking out. (See flyer below)
Our website is www.performancestop.com. I encourage your members to check out what we carry, and for them to reach out to me if there are any products they are interested in which aren’t listed on our website. I’d love to help in any way I can.
V.P. of Sales and Marketing
For the latest information, visit us on the CVAR Official Club Page on Facebook.
View the entire 2021 Race Calendar.